Dr. Yoon is a licensed Naturopathic Doctor, registered with the College of Naturopaths of Ontario (CONO) and a member of the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (CAND). He graduated from the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine in 2014, after completing his Bachelor of Arts degree at Western University in 2007.
Dr. Yoon uses a combination of traditional therapies and evidence-based medicine to apply a functional approach to your health. His goal is to help uncover the underlying cause of health issues, and personalizing a treatment plan of solutions that can be effective for you. He enjoys teaching his patients just as much as he treats, emphasizing patient education and empowerment to create sustainable and long-term changes to remarkably improve your quality of life. Common treatment modalities may include clinical nutrition and supplementation, acupuncture, botanical medicine, soft-tissue massage, and lifestyle counselling.
As a Naturopathic Doctor at Infinity Health Centre, Dr. Yoon is devoted to staying up-to-date with current research studies in healthcare. In addition, he has developed programs that he continually updates for special populations, including: Enhanced Recovery After Surgery, Athlete Nutrition and Management, and Vitality in Professionals.
Common health conditions Dr. Yoon sees regularly in practice include weight loss, mental health (stress, anxiety, sleep issues), gastrointestinal health (reflux, stomach ulcers, IBS, inflammatory bowel disease, candidiasis, SIBO), sport nutrition and supplementation, arthritis, pain management, cardiovascular disease (high cholesterol, hypertension), men's health (erectile dysfunction, low libido, benign prostate hypertrophy), women's health (PMS, PCOS, fibroids, painful periods, menopausal hot flashes), endocrine health (diabetes, thyroid dysfunction), as well as skin and hair health (acne, rosacea, eczema, psoriasis, hair loss).
Dr. James Yoon can be contacted via email at email@example.com for any questions or inquiries.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor of Naturopathy (2014) - Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (Toronto, ON)
- Bachelors of Kinesiology (2007) - Western University (London, ON)
- Active Release Techniques (2010)
- Strength and Conditioning Specialist (2013) - National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- Certified Personal Trainer (2010), Corrective Exercise Specialist (2010)
- Performance Enhancement Specialist - National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- Paracelsus Biological Medicine (2012) - Biomed International
- Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture (2016) - CCNM
- Facial Rejuvenation Massage and Acupressure (2016) - CCNM
- Waterloo Regional Sport Medicine Rounds for Primary Care (2018) - University of Guelph Health + Performance Centre
- The Natural Women's Health Master Class (2015) - Health Masters Live
- The Natural Fertility Master Class (2016) - Health Masters Live