Practice Location: Toronto & Oakville
(Phone, Virtual, In-Person Appointments Available)
Halyna is Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying) with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO). Halyna has her Master’s Degree in Counselling and Psychotherapy from The University of Toronto (Ontario Institute for Studies in Education), a Graduate Certificate in Addiction and Mental Health from Durham College and an Honours Double Major Baccalaureate in Psychology and Criminology from Western University.
Halyna’s clinical journey began in Haliburton County, ON where she practiced as a mental health therapist for children, youth and their families. It was here where Halyna was trained in Solution-focused Therapy, Narrative Therapy, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Art Therapy, Mindfulness-based interventions, yoga, mixed-martial arts and Theraplay©.
Upon moving to the GTA to pursue her Master’s degree, Halyna earned a clinical internship at The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) working with adult clients suffering from behavioural addictions, substance addictions and complex mental health diagnoses. Halyna received further training in Couple and Family work as well as Emotion-focused, Psychodynamic and Attachment-based therapies.
Halyna values a holistic approach to wellbeing and believes that therapy ought to be uniquely curated for each individual. She believes that everyone deserves to have a safe and supportive space to process life’s challenges and develop new ways of coping.
Halyna can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or inquiries.
Education & Certifications
- Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying) (2020) - College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario
- Master of Education in Counselling Psychology (Counselling and Psychotherapy) (2020) – University of Toronto, Ontario Institute of Studies in Education
- Honours Graduate Certificate in Addictions and Mental Health (2016) – Durham College
- Bachelor of Arts, Honours Double Major in Psychology and Criminology (2015) – Western University
- Emotion-Focused Therapy Level I (2020) – Dr. Jeanne Watson
- Online Couples Therapy (2020) – The Gottman Institute
- Gottman Level I Couples Therapy (2019) – The Gottman Institute
- Mental Health 101, Addiction 101, Depression 101, Mental Status Exam (2019) – Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Naloxone Training (2019) – Toronto Drug Strategy
- SAFEtalk (2019) – Living Works
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Training (2018) – Kinark Child and Family Services
- Theraplay© Level I (2018) – The Theraplay Institute
- Sexual Assault and Behavioural Trauma Training (2017) – CHIMO Crisis Services
- Integra Mindfulness Martial Arts Instructor Certification (2017) – The Child Development Institute
- FASD Professional Training (2017) – Children Services Council
- Brief Narrative Therapy (2017) – The Windz Institute
- ASD and Anxiety (2016) – Kerry’s Place Autism Services
- Non-Violent Crisis Prevention and Intervention (2016) – The Canadian Mental Health Association
- Mental health First Aid Training (2015) – Mental Health Commission of Canada
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) (2015) – Living Works