- Patients with serious medical emergencies should go to the nearest Emergency Department. Our Clinic is not equipped to handle medical emergencies.
- On your first visit to Infinity Health Centre ? for any new service - it is required that you fill out an intake form. All patients are required to present a valid OHIP card to ALL medical visits(photocopies, scans, etc will not be accepted). Not having a valid OHIP card at the time of your visit will constitute a missed appointment, resullting in a no-show fee of $20 being added to your file (*you are still able to see your doctor by paying a fee of $90).
- Unfortunately, residents of other provinces are not covered by the Ontario government; a fee of $90 for a regular medical visit for all non-Ontario residents must be paid prior to seeing the doctor. Additional charges may apply. Official receipts are provided for reimbursement purposes.
No-Show Policy and Lateness Policy
- In order to provide efficient services to all patients, Infinity Health Centre strictly enforces a fee for any late, missed, or cancelled appointments (fee is variable depending on appointment type $20+). This ensures that we can provide quality, timely services to all patients as efficiently as possible. If it is your first time utilizing a service, please arrive early to fill out any necessary forms.
- We require 24-hour notice for all cancelled or re-scheduled appointments to avoid incurring a no-show fee. Cancellation of any appointments must be done during regular business hours with one of our staff members. We are unable to accept such requests via voice-mail or email.
- If you book an appointment within the 24-hour time frame, the policy is in effect immediately.
- All appointments will end at the scheduled time so that we may serve the next patient at their scheduled start time.
- Due to the high volume of demand for medical services, late comers may be required to re-schedule for a later time or another day and appropriate charges for the late or missed appointment will apply.
- Please note all fees incurred must be paid before seeing a doctor and cannot be waived by any of the staff members, including the front desk. Patients are to email the management should any questions of concerns arise.
- The Length of each health service can be found on the individual web page of the service or you may ask your practitioner for any further details.
- The Length of medical appointments (family practice or walk in) are 10 minutes. Due to OHIP regulations, your doctor can only provide care for one (1) concern per visit. If patients have several concerns, they will be asked to book a follow-up appointment, and if your doctor feels your concern is complex, you may be asked to return and book a longer visit.
- Complete physicals require a longer visit. When booking this appointment let the administrative staff know so appropriate time is allocated towards the appointment. Please note complete physicals can only be performed by your family doctor.
Phone Calls or Email
- Due to OHIP regulations and privacy concerns, we are unable to offer any medical advice or management over the phone, fax or via email. Patients are advised to take advantage of our advanced access scheduling system for the next available appointment.
- Communication with administrative staff about your health or investigations is also against provincial privacy regulations and you will be instructed to communicate all medical concerns with your doctor at your appointment. Our staff will be happy to help with all other concerns.
Laboratory Tests or Investigations
- Most test results will arrive to our office 10 days after being performed. They will arrive directly to the Physician who ordered them. Therefore, other physicians may not be immediately aware of a patient's test results. Patients are requested to book a follow-up appointment with the same physician who ordered their tests to be advised of the results and management. If patients are concerned, curious, or still having symptoms while waiting for test results, patients are encouraged to take advantage of our open scheduling system for the next available appointment with the ordering physician.
- Administrative and nursing staff do not have access to your file and thus will not be able to provide you with the results of your tests nor confirm if your test results have arrived. Please book an appointment 10 days after the test is performed to review your results with your doctor.
- While we attempt to contact all individuals with abnormal or concerning results; do not assume that no call is good news. All results should be reviewed with the ordering physician 10 days after being performed.
- We are unable to offer phone or fax repeats on any prescriptions due to privacy and confidentiality reasons. Please take advantage of our advanced access scheduling system for the next available appointment with your regular doctor to renew your prescriptions.
Third Party Insured Services and Uninsured Medical Services
- Not all services are insured by OHIP. Chiropractic, Physiotherapy, Psychology Services, Naturopathic Medicine, Registered Massage Therapists, Cosmetic Services and Custom Orthotics, etc - are not covered by OHIP. Many of the above services are covered by your employer's extended health insurance plans or other 3rd party insurance plans. All charges for uninsured services must be settled at point of service.
- We do not provide direct billing, however, appropriate information and receipts will be provided so that you may submit your claim for reimbursement from your insurance provider.
- Not all Medical services are insured by OHIP. Examples of uninsured services include sick notes, insurance forms, government forms, employment physicals, travel health, tray fees for procedures, etc. Forms take time to fill and thus reduce the doctors ability to provide care to patients. We will always inform patients in advance of such charges and offer several convenient forms of payment. All charges for uninsured services must be settled at point of service.
- Unfortunately we do not see patients under the age of 18 at this clinic.
Product Return Policy
- We regret to inform you that our clinic does not offer any refunds for any goods/products purchased at Infinity Health Centre such as Custom Orthotics, Compression Stockings, Latisse, Custom Braces, etc.